Tuesday, May 31, 2005

The Central Library and Hong Kong Island

So this is the Central Library, located right next to Victoria Park. It was too big for me to go through that afternoon. I only got up to the fifth story, out of 11 floors in total. A lot of Hong Kong people actually complain about how ugly the architecture is. I just wonder what happens when someone steps out of(f) the ninth floor entrance. (http://www.hkpl.gov.hk/)

I took one of these trams later on in the day to go to Sogo, which was on another part of the island. They're damn cheap, at HK$2 a ride, and you can stay on until anywhere. You get on first, and only pay when you get off - a pretty neat system. (I took this photo the last time I was here.) And it's the best way to see Hong Kong island, with lots of photo opportunities as it weaves through the crowded streets. Occasionally, the connection between the tram and the overhead cables spark. Cool.

1 Comments:

At 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice picture of the library! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclaimer: The author of this blog is not responsible for any comments posted onto this blog by third parties.