Friday, June 24, 2005

Jurassic Park invades Cityplaza

There's been a lot of coverage in the news about this exhibition. The bones are from a museum somewhere in China - didn't really care because I didn't even know museums were approved by the government over there, except for the ones extolling how great Mao was.

So, this is just one of the gimmicks shopping malls pull to get people to come - and boy was it a success. We got there early at around 10am in the morning, so there weren't a lot of people around. But by 11am, the place was crowded and people were queuing to get into the exhibition area.

Cityplaza is actually one of the older shopping malls in Hong Kong, and one of the better managed ones. Swire, the British group that manages this place (and also owner of Cathay Pacific) does a good job at it; it seems like their shopping malls are always better managed, better than the ones run by local mega conglomerates anyways, like SHKP and Li Ka Shing.

The shops here are great too. (Check out their website, below.) There's also an ice skating rink. Next door is Jusco, a Japanese department store the size of Walmart, where you can buy just about anything. The decor does seem a bit old fashioned, but most of the place has been through quite a few makeovers. It's like the nostalgia of the 80s shopping malls (with their round columns and abusive use of reflective surfaces) mixed with modern and postmodern add-ons. And the floors of the mall are not oddly numbered; nor were escalators winding traps of no return. It seems like older developers had more sense back then.

The entire place is in the middle of a private housing estate (which also happens to be the best run in Hong Kong, as indicated by the stable property prices even in the face of SARS and the Asian financial crisis, and despite most homes being over 30 years old), which is great if you live here. Maybe someday, I'll get an apartment here. Besides, it's super convenient being just above the Tai Koo MTR station.

Here's another picture of the exhibition space. I counted 11 dinosaur skeletons in total, but there may have been more. You'll also notice the rain coming down on the skylight.

http://www.cityplaza.com.hk/

10 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

порно малолетки фистинг http://free-3x.com/ несовершеннолетние девочки секс free-3x.com/ очень молодая онлайн видео [url=http://free-3x.com/]free-3x.com[/url]

 
At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://community.bsu.edu/members/buy+online+Viagra.aspx]next day delivery Viagra with no script[/url]

[url=http://ceklansi.ru/zhurnal-znakomstv-v-spb.php]журнал знакомств в спб[/url]
[url=http://ceklansi.ru/pesnya-buduschie-blyadi.php]песня будущие бляди[/url]
[url=http://ceklansi.ru/seks-znakomstva-novokuzneck-chat.php]секс знакомства новокузнецк чат[/url]
[url=http://ceklansi.ru/dosug-nnov.php]dosug nnov[/url]
[url=http://ceklansi.ru/znakomstva-org.php]знакомства org[/url]
[url=http://celuyou.ru/luchshie-prostitutki-saratova.php]лучшие проститутки саратова[/url]
[url=http://celuyou.ru/chastnye-obyavleniya-seks-znakomstv.php]частные объявления секс знакомств[/url]
[url=http://celuyou.ru/brateevo-intim.php]братеево интим[/url]
[url=http://celuyou.ru/znakomstva-komu-za-30-let.php]знакомства кому за 30 лет[/url]
[url=http://celuyou.ru/znakomstva-seks-ulan-ude.php]знакомства секс улан удэ[/url][url=http://deperovero.ru/index.php]знакомства в красноярске[/url]
[url=http://deperovero.ru/seks-dozor-blog.php]секс дозор blog[/url]
[url=http://mx.deperovero.ru/novyy-arbat-prostitutki.php]новый арбат проститутки[/url]
[url=http://mx.deperovero.ru/prostitutki-kruglosutochno.php]проститутки круглосуточно[/url][url=http://rp.deperovero.ru/index.php]знакомства love planeta[/url]
[url=http://rp.deperovero.ru/intim-krasnogvardeyskaya.php]интим красногвардейская[/url]
[url=http://ss.deperovero.ru/znakomstva-g-elec.php]знакомства г елец[/url]
[url=http://ss.deperovero.ru/seks-znakomstvo-omen-ru.php]секс знакомство омен ру[/url]
[url=http://tt.deperovero.ru/seks-izmena-blog.php]секс измена blog[/url]
[url=http://tt.deperovero.ru/znakomstva-monamur.php]знакомства монамур[/url]

 
At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[color=#258]
Как дела? Может-быть... есть мега мысль по[url=http://www.pi7.ru] видео[/url] порталу Думаю вам понравится

[url=http://www.pi7.ru]медленно ввел член в девочку [/url]
aнекдот для разнообразия :)

Скажтие, а противогаз не мешает вашеей инитмнойжизни?
- Ну что вы, наоборолт! Во-первых, жена молчити, во-вторых, я не вижу ее лица, ну и в-третьих, когда я закрываю клаан, она начинает немпножко шеевлиться.

Я 6 часов блуждаоа по сети, пока не вышела на ваш форум! Думаю, я здесь станусьо нмдолго!
прошу рпощения за опечатки.... очпнь маленрькаяф клавиатура у PDA!

[/color]

 
At 1:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, in some moments I can phrase that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is even now a question as you did in the fall delivery of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=registry accelerator 6.2.6.4 ?
I noticed the catch-phrase you have in the offing not used. Or you partake of the dreary methods of development of the resource. I suffer with a week and do necheg

 
At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

 
At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello people. I'm really into shoes and I was looking for that singular make. The prices for the boots were approximately 350 bucks everwhere. But definitively I set this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I in reality want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase these. what do you think?

 
At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good day everyone. I'm really into shoes and I was digging allowing for regarding that particular brand. The prices seeking the sneakers were about 320 dollars everwhere. But definitively I found this site selling them as a remedy for half price. I absolutely want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably order these. what is your opinion?

 
At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi there dudes. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been digging for that particular make. The prices as regards the sneakers are around 330 bucks on every site. But completely I bring about this location selling them as a remedy for half price. I absolutely love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order those. what is your opinion?

 
At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Хорошая статья. Действительно было интересно почитать. Не часто такое и встречается та.Наверное стоит подписаться на ваше RSS

 
At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Skenawainnarl xaikalitag crortepignner [url=http://uillumaror.com]iziananatt[/url] Intiliauttess http://gusannghor.com NileCrulpquip

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclaimer: The author of this blog is not responsible for any comments posted onto this blog by third parties.