Friday, July 08, 2005

Goodbye Hong Kong

I feel really sad. It was so great when I first came back, but now that it's time to go, everything just seems such a rush. I really love my hometown, the dynamism, the efficiency, the freedom, the food. It's what I'll never get anywhere else, especially not where I'm going back to.

Flying by yourself has this feeling of power - it's like you're in charge, you're in control of where you end up. After saying goodbye to all my relatives who came to see me off, I walked through the huge terminal and snapped a few photos along the way. I really like this airport. It's just so spacious with the high ceilings and glass exterior. And everything's blue - my favorite color.

I thought I'd just take a picture of this rather odd box where smokers can unite and commit suicide together. It's such a disgusting habit. And if you note closely, there's one guy who's passed out inside already inside the glass encasing.

I took about 20 minutes to get to my gate. It was a good walk - I didn't want to take the trains, so that's why it took that long. I knew it was inevitable that I'd have to leave sooner or later. I just wanted it to be later.

And for my faithful readers, thanks for all the support over these two months. I hope you enjoyed the pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclaimer: The author of this blog is not responsible for any comments posted onto this blog by third parties.